Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day

My mom called the house today so I could wish my dad a happy father's day. Before she passed me onto the 'dad of the hour', I asked, "Aren't you going to wish me a Happy Father's Day? I am one too ya know?" Sheesh, I'm a dad of a happy, active 7 month old. Sometimes, I just sit back in amazement at how fast life has moved on, at how beautiful life truly is.

***

A few interesting pieces to read:

1. More Yemenite Jews are being flown over to Israel due to worsening ties with the Arab community. The once proud community of some 50,000 Jews is down to 400.

2. A Palestinian man from the West Bank city of Nablus set a Guinness world record recently after baking the world's largest knafeh pastry, the Palestinian Maan News Agency reported Sunday.



3. Another conference ignoring the conditions faced by Jews in the Arab world since their first interactions some 1300 years ago.

***

Happy Birthday to my lil sis Tova.
_

1 comment:

Tova said...

thanks for the bday shout out ;)