Sunday, March 15, 2009

Playing Tawlee

Playing what? It's the Iraqi name for Backgammon, or Shesh Besh as we Israelis call it.

Now I'm sure you're asking, how do I know that? Well, for the past two and a half years, I've developed a friendship with an Iraqi blogger* whom I started interacting with when he blogged about Zionism. I didn't see eye to eye with it, and thought it was important he hears the story through my eyes. Since then, we've kept in touch and I've managed to learn more about his Iraq (& the future he hopes to see for her) through his many interesting blog entries.

This past week, we both discovered that we're fans of backgammon. So we decided to play each other, via Yahoo! games, this Sunday. Although we didn't finish any games due to internet issues, we both enjoyed the experience of "an Israeli and an Iraqi playing backgammon!"

* I am not disclosing his name or the blog url for the time being, but hope to do so in the near future when we do a 'blog vs blog' Q&A session.
_

No comments: