Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Elders' logic?

It was the last thing I thought I'd hear out of this Indian girl's mouth. While having a chat in the office, she told me that the reason why Israel was allowed to bomb Lebanon was because of pressure exerted on the US by the Jews who control the US's financial institutions. Her 'simple' logic kinda startled me and I smiled and said, "You don't honestly believe that, do you?" To my dismay, she was being dead serious. Not sure if she was weened on any Elders of Zion literature or it's just the 'norm' nowadays to think this way, but it rather disappointed me.

While dining tonight with French Mike, a good friend, yesterday's event came up. His reaction was the polar opposite of mine; he commented, "I'm proud that relative to our numbers, we do have so much power." Come to think of it, although I do think our level of 'power' is vastly exaggerated, I'm also rather proud of how such a small percentage of the world's population has always managed to push itself so far ahead in so many fields.

And while we're on this topic of us 'in control' Jews, a joke:

Rabbi Altmann and his secretary were sitting in a coffeehouse in Berlin in 1935. "Herr Altmann," said his secretary, "I notice you're reading Der Stürmer! I can't understand why. A Nazi libel sheet! Are you some kind of masochist, or, God forbid, a self-hating Jew?"
"On the contrary, Frau Epstein. When I used to read the Jewish papers, all I learned about were pogroms, riots in Palestine, and assimilation in America. But now that I read Der Stürmer, I see so much more: that the Jews control all the banks, that we dominate in the arts, and that we're on the verge of taking over the entire world. You know – it makes me feel a whole lot better!"

No comments: