Thursday, November 01, 2007

This and That - Nov 1st, 2007

Arab MKs were crying 'Racism' again as the Knesset proposed laws that would not allow citizens of Israel to be MKs if they visit enemy states. This in my opinion has nothing to do with racism but only with common sense. Israelis, be it Jews Christians or Muslims, can visit Egypt and Jordan, both Arab states, but enemy states like Syria or Iran should be off-limits. I mean, what on earth would a 'loyal' Israeli have to look for in a state which promotes & finances Hamas' rocket barrages or a state that constantly talk of the eradication of Israel?

***********

I'm getting pretty down nowadays about the internal state of this country. Forget the regular border heat but why on earth does every day bring more news of stabbings, rapes, corruption and government scandals? Maybe I'm wrong, but I really feel that this is a new 'disease' for the country ... This isn't how Israel once was. It's just depressing honestly. Maybe I should follow Seth's routine and just not bother reading the newspapers anymore ...

***********

On another note, wouldn't it be nice if we had a prime minister who valued the importance of education for the Israeli youth?

***********

I started working out this week at IDT's gym. I haven't worked out since I was in Uni (2002) when I used to work out almost 5 times a week with Gary or Brian. The reason for the return to this routine is my friend's plan to start a Jerusalem rugby team. He's asked me to play, so I've decided to start getting into shape and give it a go. This will not be easy as I know very little of the game and I have a long, I stress long, way to get into shape but I look forward to the challenge on both fronts ...

***********

It's trivia time .... Why did Menacham Begin z'l always call the IDF 'צבא ישראל' and not 'צבא הגנה לישראל'?

No comments: