Friday, November 09, 2007

The Office

Israel's IDT Telecom team has moved yet again. But this time, I'm thrilled with the move! Although it's only temporary, I've been given my own office! I've been working in the business world since I was 17 and this is the first time I've had the privilege to work in my own office. Not sure how long this will last, but while it does, I'm gonna enjoy it!



****

A quick snippet from the political world:

Minister of Infrastructure and former Defense Minister Binyamin Ben-Eliezer (Labor) is the latest senior politician to admit that the 2005 Disengagement was a mistake.

Speaking in an interview with Radio L’lo Hafsaka, a regional radio station, Ben-Eliezer dropped the bombshell: "I admit and I confess that I was among those who strongly supported [former PM] Ariel Sharon [and the Disengagement]. Today I say, with my head held high, ‘We erred, we made a very big mistake.’”

Ben Eliezer did not say it was the withdrawal itself and abandonment of parts of the Land of Israel that was the problem, but rather the nature of the recipients of the territory. "Withdrawals can only work when the areas are handed over to responsible hands and rotted in agreements and international guarantees,” he explained. “Here we have a precedent - a territory we left turns into a base for terror - period."


Ben-Eliezer joins the long list (see the list in the article link) of doves who strongly supported the Disengagement and now realize what a mistake it was. Forget the fact that Hamas and their 'army' now control Gaza and continually bombard Israel's Negev towns with rockets (This is something we will suffer from until we launch a major offensive into Gaza, as many on both sides of the Israeli political spectrum are calling for - Ben-Eliezer included). Let's talk about now and Olmert's push to give up more land for 'peace' with a partner who's notable accomplishments include a thesis on the Holocaust 'myth' and the planning/financing of the 1972 Olympic Massacre, as well as the Ma'alot school butchering. Yah, let's follow the Left and chase 'peace' at any price! We can regret it later ... That will make it much better.

No comments: